- Date: May 30, 2017
- Time: 1:30pm to 3:00pm
- Brian Zikmund-Fisher, Ph.D.
- Genevieve Melton-Meaux, M.D., Ph.D., FACS, FASCRS, FACMI
The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) hosted a Web conference Tuesday, May 30 from 1:30 – 3:00 p.m. ET, to discuss methods for optimizing the presentation of health data for both providers and patients. Presenters discussed methods for presenting meaningful displays of medical test result data to patients for improved understanding and describe two EHR usability studies around navigators and clinical note organization to improve the efficiency of provider documentation.
At the conclusion of this Web conference, participants should be able to:
- Describe the challenges patients face in understanding medical test data and present evidence-based methods to overcome these barriers and help patients make sense of the data, manage their health, and make choices about their care.
- Describe findings around EHR navigator usage and clinical note organization with usability studies to support improved provider workflow.
- Presentation Slides (PDF, 3.42 MB)(Persons using assistive technology may not be able to fully access information in this report. For assistance, please contact Corey Mackison)
- Q&A (PDF, 213 KB)
CME/CNE credits were approved for those who attended the live event of this Web conference only. If you have any questions about obtaining CME/CNE credit for this webinar, please contact Deidre Young via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.