- Date: February 7, 2019
- Time: 1:00pm to 2:30pm
Registration is open for a Web conference on Feb. 7 from 1 to 2:30 p.m. ET to provide training on AHRQ’s Clinical Decision Support (CDS) Authoring Tool, which can help develop interoperable, standards-based CDS via a user-friendly application. The tool is offered as part of the AHRQ-sponsored CDS Connect project, which demonstrates how evidence-based research can be more rapidly incorporated into clinical practice through interoperable decision support. Presenters will review the CDS Connect project and provide an authoring tool demonstration.
- Sharon Sebastian, CDS Connect Project Lead, MITRE
- Chris Moesel, CDS Connect Technical Lead, MITRE
- Dr. Edwin Lomotan, Medical Officer and Chief of Clinical Informatics, Center for Evidence and Practice Improvement, AHRQ
At the conclusion of this Web conference, participants should be able to:
- Develop logic, including inclusion and exclusion statements and define the recommended intervention.
- Discuss how to develop “base elements” that can be re-used across logic statements, along with features that enable users to develop subpopulations and how to handle errors.
- Use synthetic test data to verify that authored CDS logic works as expected.
- Save and download their logic expression and provide an understanding of the components of the downloaded zip file.
- Understand how other systems and tools developed by the CDS Connect project (i.e., the Repository and CQL Services) can be used to share and implement the logic developed within the Authoring Tool.
Healthcare researchers, informaticists, individuals interested in developing standards-based CDS expressions, and other healthcare professionals.
- Go to this link.
- Click “Register.”
- On the registration form, enter your information, and then click “Submit.”
Once the host approves your registration, you will receive a confirmation email message with instructions on how to join the event.
For assistance: If you require special accommodations to participate in the Web conference, please contact Amal Saeed at firstname.lastname@example.org.